Tonight on the way home, Lucas told me that he wanted to "eat something new". Okay, no problem. We have lots of stuff in the house that would be new to him since he previously wouldn't eat it. I started listing things I could recall being in the freezer that Lucas had previously refused to eat ...
Lucas: I want to eat something new (okay, not quite that good, but I understood him and that's what counts)
Mommy: You want to eat something new?
Lucas: Yes
Mommy: Okay. Do you want tacos?
Lucas: No
Mommy: Do you want brisket?
Lucas: No
Mommy: Do you want BBQ?
Lucas: Yes!
Mommy: You want BBQ?
Lucas: Yes! I like it.
So, with two yeses, we got home and he helped me get it out of the freezer. One more confirmation and we were preparing it in the microwave. Note that Lucas has previously liked BBQ, but not for about the last year (since he avoided most meats except for breaded chicken). Lucas proceeded to eat everything on his plate except the BBQ. I asked him if he wanted BBQ, and he told me "Yes, I like it". Okay, cool ... though Lucas might know that a little better if he actually tried it. Turns out he was apparently saving it for last. He ate all that was on his plate and even asked for more. I guess our little man is a little less anti-meat.
And for your viewing pleasure ... the dancing machine, and the girl who could fly:
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Something New
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment