Monday, October 26, 2009

Lucas's First Field Trip

I must give credit to the teachers at Lucas's school ... 4 teachers and a couple of parents took approximately 30 preschoolers on their first field trip ... to a farm after several days of near-constant rain. I was very disappointed that I couldn't go (crazy work load), but Alicia's mommy went and kept an extra eye on Alicia, Lucas and Carl (Thanks, Heather!).

The trip was to Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm, where the kids got to find pumpkins and feed some animals. Lucas tells me he had fun on his first bus ride and really liked the giraffe. He was also happy with all the stuff he got to bring home ... a small pumpkin (he tells me he picked the dirty one), a gourd, a small ear of Indian corn, a cup and a small bag of pretzels. The trip was a success, but it threw all the kids off their schedules and, with no nap, Lucas's evening was a roller coaster of emotions.

No comments: