Monday, July 21, 2008

Lucas in his New Room

Lucas slept in his big bed for the first time Saturday. He really likes his new room, but we weren't sure if he would like his big bed. He got upset when Mommy left the room for naptime, but was good (and asleep) after she laid at the foot of his bed for 10 minutes.

Daddy tried to put him to bed Saturday night, but was not as successful. After about 40 minutes of trying to get him to go to sleep, Daddy gave up and Mommy tried ... Lucas was asleep within 10 minutes. He slept until 6:15 Sunday morning, which wasn't too bad. Normally, he probably would have gone back to sleep for a bit, but, all things considered, he did very well.

Last night, Mommy read to Lucas, did the normal bedtime routine, and said goodnight. Lucas screamed for less than 30 seconds and went right to sleep. Unfortunately, he woke up for a while around midnight, then was awake from about 4-6am.

We are very proud of our little Superdude for doing so well! Now we just need to combine his going right to sleep on Sunday night with his sleeping through the night on Saturday and we'll be all set!

2 comments:

Jim said...

I am definitely proud of him! However, I'm super tired now... I hope that he gets used to this new environment quickly!

Heather said...

I like the new setup and I think Lucas needs to talk to Alicia about sleeping :) Alicia said she can't wait to visit Lucas' new room :)